Sunday, September 22, 2013

ALASKA: Not Your Typical Race Review

This post is definitely not a typical race review. Instead, it is more of an Alaskan vacation review!  Amongst the tail end of my race season I scheduled an eight day trip to Alaska to visit family!

If you recall previously I decided not to do my half IM race partly due to upcoming travel plans and this was it!  Had I participated in the half IM, I would have flown out on two 3-hour plane rides the day after my race and probably still be stuck on the plane with stiff sore legs.  I looked my hardest for a race event occurring nearby when I was in AK, but came up empty handed.  Darn, I guess I'll just have to enjoy Alaska without a race---not a hard thing to do!  ;)

Highlights Of The Trip:

  • Alaskan Railroad
  • Husky Homestead-Jeff Kings' Iditarod Dog Sled Teams' home
  • Denali National Park
  • 49th State Brewery-home of the "Into The Wild" bus
  • Mt. McKinley-it came out for viewing the last two days of my trip
  • Talkeetna
  • Abundant wildlife
  • Hiking and picking fresh cranberries and blueberries
  • Wonderful time with family









No comments:

Post a Comment