I loved keeping track of my progress on my training plan (coffee stain and all)! I was so close!
I am definitely bummed that my marathon goal might not happen, but have also found some positives.
1. I still ran 18 miles, the longest distance I ever have done. I give that a PR!
2. I caught the injury fairly early, so I should be able to participate in my multisport season as planned.
3. My household water consumption and laundry detergent use is significantly down as I'm not washing running/exercise clothing.
4. I don't feel guilty for "being lazy", as it is the doctor's orders.
5. I have found more time in my schedule to catch up with friends and family. Normally my schedule is/was dictated by workouts and runs in order to accomplish my marathon goal!
Soooooo, only time will tell what my marathon future will hold. Right now my focus is on healing!