Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I AM AN IRON GIRL

I decided to top off my multisport season with my first Duathlon, Iron Girl-Bloomington.  I have nothing but positive things to say about this all female race!  The organization of the whole event and venue were wonderful!  You can definitely tell this is a race for females planned by females. Little extras, such as white table clothes on the post race breakfast tables and tables outside the bathrooms with extra toilet paper, Kleenex, hand sanitizer, Vaseline, and feminine products gave the race a little feminine twist.

Results

Run: 16:11 (2 miles)
T1:  1:35
Bike:  1:16:30 (22 miles)
T2:  1:01
Run:  17:35 (2 miles)


The Run

I was excited for the short runs in this duathlon.  I also really surprised myself running an 8:06 min/mile for the first run and 8:48 min/mile for the second.  
 

And we're off!

 



The Bike

The bike course consisted of two loops. Initially I wasn't very satisfied with my 17.3 mph bike average. However, once I analyzed my data on Garmin Connect I realized that there was more elevation gain than I thought, making my bike average easier to swallow




Also working against me this race was a entertaining previous day at the Renaissance Fair  bit of a sore throat and head cold. All things considered I am satisfied by my performance.
15 of 97 in age group
61 of 716 overall
 
 
 

My cheering section!

 
I am an Ironman Iron Girl!
 
I would highly recommend this race to any female whether it is your first ever event or you are a seasoned veteran!  I am truly impressed by this Iron Girl Event!!  Did I mention the great post race food!?!





No comments:

Post a Comment