Sunday, July 21, 2013

Tri Team Championship Race

Yesterday I competed in Tri For A Cause in Crosby, MN and it was also a Tri Team Championship Race. My multisport team The Pack had great representation with 11 racers-not too shabby for a not so local race.  The morning was refreshingly cool with very low humidity and partly cloudy/overcast skies. The hi temp for the day was 72 degrees.  My body was in heaven with these race conditions as the heat and humidity really take their toll.

Race Results

Swim:  12:31 (600 yards)
T1:  0:51
Bike:  51:16 (16.3 miles)
T2:  0:53
Run:  34:18 (4 miles)

Total Time:  1:39:47

The Pack representation at the Tri Team Championship

Race Highlights:
  • The race was held right in the beautiful Crosby Memorial Park on Serpent Lake
  • The bike course was beautiful, following rolling hills past several lakes, forests, and Cuyuna
  • Half of the run course was on a paved trail enclosed by trees on all sides and offered stunning views of multiple lakes
  • The post race food was spectacular and all racers received a complimentary beer from the Jack Pine Brewery in Baxter
  • I placed 6th in my age group which was the 30-39 range
  • Our team placed second in the Tri Team Championship to the Brainard Area Lakes Club which had over 30 racers
  • My mom and her cousin Sylvia made the trip to come support and cheer me on
  • Proceeds from the race are given to the Masonic Cancer Center and other local charities
  • The race was established three years ago to honor an individual with small cell carcinoma, the same type of cancer my father was diagnosed with just over a year ago
  • A race for a cause near and dear to my heart 


My cheering section
 
 
I now have a few weeks off before the Northwoods Triathlon!


No comments:

Post a Comment