Sunday, June 23, 2013

Ready For A Relay!

Today I competed in my first RELAY sprint triathlon, Graniteman St. Cloud, with two great teammates!  I haven't done any relay races before, but I took advantage of this when the opportunity arose for a swimmer.


Ready for the race start!

My leg of the triathlon consisted of a 0.33 mile swim in downtown St.Cloud's Lake George. Mind you, the triathlon is the only time of the year people are allowed to swim in that lake.  I heard lots of stories about this "duck pond" before the race....old cars, dead bodies, etc may be lying on the bottom. However, I persevered and did not let those thoughts get the best of me. My swim time was 12:18 and I booked it to Ryan in the transition area where he took off on the bike!  After an impressive 15 mile bike in 46:55, Robin was off on the final run portion of the course.  She crossed the finish completing her 5K run in 25:05.  What an awesome, hard working, and fun team to be apart of!  Our total time including transitions was 1:25:43, which was good enough for 5th out of 17 co-ed relay teams!



Feeling good after the race!

Next race:  The Original 13 Half Marathon on the 4th of July

No comments:

Post a Comment