Saturday, January 11, 2014

RECAP and GOALS!

Hello again!  It has been a little while since my last post, but no fear I am back at it!!  First, here are a few stats and highlights from my 2013 race season and then my goals for 2014!

2013 Participation

-Seven 5K events (two being winter 5K obstacle courses and one a 5K trail run)
-One 10K
-Three Half Marathons
-Eight Sprint Triathlons (one indoor tri and one part of a relay team)
-One Olympic Triathlon
-One Duathlon

Highlights Of The Season

-A 3rd place AG podium finish at the Northwoods Triathlon
-Completing my first Olympic distance triathlon
-Completing my first duathlon

2014 Goals

-Complete my first marathon this coming May
-Complete my first half ironman distance this coming July
-Dial in my nutrition to eat to fuel my body, cut out the junk and processed foods
-Maintain at least one day a week of crossfit during my busy triathlon summer months (last year I look 2 1/2 months off from crossfit and it showed)

In other news I was supposed to start my 18 week marathon training plan this past Monday. However, due to an ongoing battle with bronchitis, that is/was not happening. Now I am on to a 16 week training plan and hope to be 100% healthy for the start of that program.

I picked up a couple books yesterday for motivation and training purposes!  A shout out goes to Too Tall Fritz for the heads up on the WOD book!  Check out her blog:  http://tootallfritz.com






No comments:

Post a Comment