Saturday, December 13, 2014

Wishbone 5K 2014

The tradition continues with the Wishbone 5K Thanksgiving morning run. The beauty of this run is it's simplicity. Registration is $5 per individual or $10 per family (quite the value) and if you pre-register early enough, a long sleeve tee is yours!  Everyone receives a custom race bib--even though we are all number 2014 (obviously it changes with the year)!  Many distance options are also available to encourage everyone to be active before their holiday feast.  The race is not chipped time, but for the $5 registration fee, I am happy to time myself!

Some of the River Runners pre-race!
 
And then there were the Central MN Bike Club friends...Jan, Jen, Beth, Jason, & I
I had many friends running this year, from those in the local running club to those from the bike club looking for a fun way to crosstrain.  My friend Jan and I stuck together the majority of the race at a nice, easy pace!  The zero degree morning allowed frosty eyelashes, hair, and mustaches to be abundant!  Is there a better way to enjoy the cold, than to be out running with friends!?! ;)
 

Jen and I showing off our frostiness!





 
Until next Thanksgiving....



No comments:

Post a Comment