Thursday, November 13, 2014

Running In The Happiest Place On Earth-DISNEY!

I recently had the opportunity to participate in my first runDisney events in Orlando!  And yes, that is plural!  Saturday morning at 7 AM was the start of the 5K and Saturday evening at 10 PM was the start of the half marathon.  Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K will be the focus of this blog.



I have to say the 5K was one of the most laid back and fun races of that distance I have every done. The start line was in the parking lot of Disney's Animal Kingdom.  A snow effect was created by machines sputtering out soap bubbles to ensure everyone was in the holiday spirit. Pre-race activities included pictures with Mickey and Minnie, along with multiple race themed areas to snap photos!




Notice the "snow" on some heads!

Shortly after the sun came up, we were off and running!  The course started around the parking lot and then headed into Animal Kingdom. I was officially partaking in my first Disney experience.  Along the route I stopped for multiple pictures with characters and enjoyed the scenery of the park!  The route continued through the park for just over a mile and then we completed an out and back segment on the back side of the park, before crossing the finish line!



Rafiki and Timon from the Lion King

Everyone loves Donald!


Brooke, Jason, and I
There was not any official timing for the race, which made it even more relaxed and fun!  RunDisney sure knows how to put on a first class race experience. Stay tuned for for my next Disney race blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment