Sunday, August 17, 2014

Franny Flyer 10K

At the last minute, I realized the Franny Flyer 1K, 5K, and 10K was happening locally and I had an open schedule!  Who doesn't want to sign up for a race with a fun name like that!?!  So off I went race day morning, signed up, and took on the 10K challenge. The Franny Flyer is only my third "stand alone" 10K race that I have participated in.  A challenge it was!  The heat and humidity made for a doosey of a race and I certainly didn't PR...but I did get in one stellar workout and finished the race!

The mismatched running clothes are a result of needing to do laundry and a last minute decision to race!  :)


The race was hosted by St. Francis Xavier and coincided with their parish festival!  T-shirts (super soft, cotton ones at that) were guaranteed to those preregistered and I also received one on race day!The chip-timed 10K course was well laid out, sending runners through quiet neighborhoods and on bike paths. The volunteers on the course were amazing and made it impossible to take a wrong turn. Four water stops along the way kept me hydrated and cool.  Age group awards/medals were handed out three deep in each 10 year interval. Of course, I held my coveted 4th place finish with a time of 1:02:56!  I would highly recommend the Franny Flyer to anyone looking for a fun, inexpensive, and all around wonderful race!

No comments:

Post a Comment