Monday, June 2, 2014

Bringing Home My First Apple....and Paycheck!

It's official, multisport season is up and running!  My first race was the Sartell Apple Duathlon. Prior to injury, I had intended to participate in the individual category. However, I decided to recruit a teammate and participate in the women-women team division. My friend Becky took on the challenge of participating in her first multisport event!  We dubbed ourselves "The Wreckless Moles".  She was the runner and I was the cyclist!  We each did our part and ended up with 3rd place in the womens division!!!!  Therefore, we each took home a coveted granite apple and our first race paycheck ($50) for a podium finish!!  Becky also won an aero Giro bike helmet during the door prizes. I guess it's time for her to invest in a bike! ;)

Becky and I (The Wreckless Moles)
Photo Courtesy of "Enhanced Memories by Chelsie Binsfeld" 


Photo Courtesy of "Steve Diamond Elements"


Apples and A Paycheck!  Can It Get Any Better?

Results:

Run 1:  22:42 (5K)
T1:   00:42
Bike:  1:06:33 (33K)
T2:  00:27
Run 2:  24:42 (5K)

Becky did some amazing running and race day was a blast with a friend!  Not only was I excited to participate in an event again (after canceling my last 4), I proved to myself that I am still somewhat competitive on the bike!  A great confidence boost after an injury!






No comments:

Post a Comment